Sunday, June 2, 2013

Day 2

Welcome to Day 2.
Weighed myself at 231.6, so I gained 0.8 lbs. which is negligible. Coming off a day of fasting., I'm surprised I didn't gain more.

Had NO problems whatsoever not smoking until the battery died in my rechargeable eCig. And I was supposed to go over to Lysa's house for our standing appointment, Sunday Happy Hour. And then I was all, Um, I can't hang. I gotta deal with this. So, I dashed off to the store and bought a disposable. I just knew -- we're gonna drink, I HAVE to smoke. So, I spent some moneny ($9) I didn't need to, but... then maybe I did need to.

Vegan Fast Day 2:

Just fine.
Breakfast: Vegan smoothie with 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk, 1/2 cup "green machine" fruit and veg green drink, 1/2 of banana, 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, 1 Granny smith apple, pureed.

Lunch: "Tofu Scramble" from work -- curry tofu, red and green peppers, onion, and I had them add sundried tomato, and put it in a spinach wrap, with 1/3 cup homefried potatoes on the side.

Dinner: Red and green bell peppers, broccoli, cucumber, white vinegar & table salt, hummus, wheat crackers, and fresh tomato.

"Snack": also drank 4 oz. Sauza tequila, 2 Corona and 1 tequila & ginger ale.

Not too bad. I went over about 110 calories overall, and I'm under on my protein by about 20 grams. Gotta find some more protein in my diet. But I knew I was gonna drink with Lysa so I budgeted. It's OK as long as I keep my protein high overall.

I'm finding (two days in with some time of preplanning...) that being vegan makes the protein intake harder. I'm not getting the protein I would normally be getting from dairy. Hm. With only 7 days on the vegan fast I'm not that worried about it, but if I were going to be vegan all the time it would be a concern. And it's worth looking into alternate high-protein sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment