Monday, June 3, 2013

Push-Ups Challenge

The Push-Up Challenge
a.k.a.: turn my man boobs into nice pecs

So, not only have I always wanted to "look good in a tight t-shirt," I have also always wanted to have a nice chest, which arguably is the most important cosmetic aspect of LGIATT ("look good in a tight tee,") right? You still admire a guy who has nice pecs, even if he has a little paunch in the middle.

To this end, I first started with researching what causes man boobs. It's easy to assume it is just fat, but that is not it; yes, the moob itself is fat and loose skin, but the cause is more complex than that, and could be different for every man. In short, lack of exercise and poor nutritional combinations -- specifically drinking beer -- give men a hormonal imbalance from increased aromatase enzyme that actually converts Testosterone to Estrogen, and ta-da! a moob appears. The article I link to above goes much deeper into the issue, and covers the more complex bits I've left out here.

I was already considering eliminating alcohol from my diet. *sigh*

Armed with my new understanding of where my moobs came from, I intrepidly Google, "How do I get rid of my man boobs?" Skipped over a few results and zeroed in on WikiHow.com thinking, Good a place as any to start, and not as annoying and full of snarky assholes as Yahoo Answers usually is. Much to my satisfaction, I was directed to this article: 3 Ways To Get Bigger Chest Muscles. #1 of course is, "Do Push Ups." As they plainly point out, "This often-neglected exercise focuses on building up your shoulder and upper chest muscles."

I already knew this. And, in fact, I did 4 push-ups last week and was sore for 2 days after, in my pecs and my lats. LOL, pathetic, right?

So here's the goal: I will take the sad man boobs on the left and transform them into the hot chest on the right
Let's not even talk about the abs in that picture. Um, yeah... probably never. But, I do know that I can achieve the goal of having nice, well developed pecs and shoulders. My build is already large and I've always had wide shoulders.

So, here's the Push-Ups Challenge: I will do push-ups every day. I will start today with as many as I can do without extreme fatigue. I will try to do 1 more every successive day, until I can do what they suggest in the WikiHow article: 3 reps of 15 push-ups. Then, we'll re-evaluate from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment