Tuesday, June 11, 2013

OMG! Success

For the first time I remember, I actually won over the raid the fridge urge.

I could feel it coming. Earlier, I had put away all food that was in sight, everything in the fridge or a cupboard because I saw the bread sitting out and immediately started planning a sandwich. And I was all, no, that is not happening. I ate enough today, we're done, the kitchen is closed.

Then it came back later, just a few minutes ago, with a vengeance. I'm a little drunk, and I was well on my way to yanking out half the fridge and going to town. I usually eat as much while I'm making what I planned as the thing itself. I had already cleared counter space.

And I said to myself, NO, dammit. You cannot fail at this.

So I ate like 5 or 6 spoonfuls of fat free cottage cheese and made myself put it away. And drank a glass of water.

And.....

By the time I did all of that, the ... crazy I'm gonna eat everything right now had faded quite a bit. And here's the amazing part: I looked in the fridge, surveying for a good opening foray, and even though my fridge is full of tons of binge-worthy foods, none of it looked good to me. And I realized, Oh my god, I did it, I didn't eat. I'm not hungry, it was just... whatever it is. Then I wrote this blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment