Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I'm looking forward to working out today?? This one's a must read. LOL

Ok the weirdest thing happened last night.

I was on my elliptical, fighting my way through my warmup -- 5 min.

I find that the first 3 minutes is the hardest, it's when I start telling myself I'm going to get through my 20 min in 2 or even three sessions, or that I'm "just gonna take a break" after I get through the warmup. Then, just as 3 minutes is starting to loom on the timer, I break into the first sweat, my pulse goes heavy but even, and I realize, Oh, I'm gonna be just fine.

So, I'm jimbing (that's jog-climbing) away somewhere around 10 minutes, and I'm starting to feel the second wave of fatigue, and I think, Alright, I might take take a break at 15 min. And instead, what happened was I got to 14 minutes and thought, Fuck it, six more and I'll be at 20 min which is goal.

Then the weird thing happened.

This is my elliptical a Weslo G 3.1
I got to 20 minutes still going steady at 6 mph (which is a fast jog) with the resistance tension set at 6 out of 8. And I realized I felt really great, like superman in fact. And I said, "Fuck it. 10 more minutes." And I turned the resistance up to max, and kicked it up to a hard jog, 11 mph for 10 minutes, until the last 90 seconds warm down. And seriously, I felt like a million bucks. I've never enjoyed exercising before. Even remembering it while I write this, and I'm anxious to go get on the elliptical. Weird.

I'm not even sore today, which is fantastic. I might be tomorrow, I've had a 48 hour delay on that before. But it won't be bad, I don't think. The most muscular part of me is my legs anyway. But it's the weirdest thing to actually be -- right now -- looking forward to working out today. Weird. Weird. Weird. I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment