Thursday, July 11, 2013

Burning muscles does not count as warmed up LOL

Did I say I'd be sore today? Yep.

Not from two days ago, but from yesterday where I hit a new record for myself on the elliptical: 48 minutes.

Today, I only just barely made it through a five minute warm-up, which was only a warm-up because I was hot and dripping sweat by 90 seconds -- my muscles never warmed up, unless burning with every step counts. LOL I tried a take-two and only made it just over 2 minutes before I said, "Ok no, I can't do this today."

Still, I did get a little 7 minute cardio warm-up. I like to warm up my cardio a little even if I plan to focus on weight training.

I got an exercise ball at Goodwill, still in the original packaging. Turns out it's an awesome one. It's weighted so it returns to the same position and it's made of some neoprene super stuff. Googled it. Anyway, I get it now. I see what all the hype of the ball is. It really works your core, and it helps you with form and balance big time. It doesn't even really matter what you do, as long as you use the thing, it is working your abs and core. I've been sitting on it while I some of my free weight sets and I find that it is a lot harder to get through the sets because I am also working on staying centered on the ball.

So that's what I've accomplished today (other than working.) I don't feel satisfied yet. I will probably do some more free weight sets or maybe I'll try one of the recommended workouts I downloaded after I Googled the core ball. They look wicked hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment